Or for now! It’s all well and good having plans for the future but they will always stay in the future if you never start them. I know everyone’s busy but there’s ALWAYS a few minutes spare somewhere. Rather than wishing you can do something and enjoying the idea, just do it. The reality will likely be much better, or you can move onto your next exciting idea.
So, in an effort to motivate myself, I’m going to list things here that I want to have done before I die. Having the list to look back at regularly will hopefully give me a little push towards doing some of these things. This list will be updated when it needs to be!
- Retire early. Multiple ways of going about this, but at the moment I’m trying to invest a reasonable chunk of my income into the stock market. It’s something I’m interested in so this is currently being worked towards. There will likely be a post to expand on this at some point.
- Learn a musical instrument. My wife bought me a guitar for Christmas so this has started, albeit slowly.
- Become fluent in another language. Spanish is currently top of the list, though anything that I might find useful will do. Others that might are Chinese, Arabic and Welsh.
- Make and release a film. (Or movie to those not speaking British English.) My wife has an idea for a film, and I’d like to make this happen for her. Other possibilities of personal creative outlet are: release a single that charts and write a book that sells.
- Go hang-gliding. Looks exhilarating.
- Build something out of bricks. Anything from a barbecue, to a wall, to a garage/mancave. I also want to build my own fireplace in our lounge that actually works well and looks good.
- Learn to code. (added 3 Nov 2016) I’ve always wanted to be able to write software and have made half-hearted attempts in the past. I think this would be enjoyable, and another potential income source.